Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week 2 Take 2

Yeah, we made it to week 2! It was looking like we might not LOL

Thank you for all the well wishes on my trip.  I had a lovely time with my husband and whole family together for my daughter's birthday.  Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things this week.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the fudge from New Orleans this week.  Addie has volunteered for snack next week.

On skiing:  I was going to try to go on the 26th but that is not going to work out for me.  I do plan on going February 23rd.  (I may go the 9th, but probably not)  But here is the link for Sugar www.riderschoice.blogspot.com   if you wish to go on your own.  Also you will find dates for Appalachian Ski Mountain on that same page.  I may do them on Valentines Day.  If any of these dates interest you, let me know and maybe we can coordinate to go together.  Also, if you know you are going on another date, post it here and maybe someone else would like to go with you:)

As promised....the 5th grade Bonnie Pic from Hong Kong :)  Yes, I dug the 80's
 

And on to it:

Algebra 1:  We went through 5 lessons! Yes 5!  I gave them permission to do 3 lesson practices, 2 mixed practices on the condition that they take the time to memorize some of the grammar.
Homework: Up to lesson 72. Know substitution, elimination, and factoring trinomials.

Rhetoric: Another day of great discussion.  I encouraged them that catechism questions are almost done.
Homework:  Chapter 17 in both books. Add questions #49 - #51

Science:  I think we all agreed we do not wish to meet Jared's bat from the Philippines anytime soon :) Great reports!
Homework: Whales and Dolphins! They will need their Biology books starting next week.  We will start with the lungs.

Literature: Everyone kept saying what horrible papers they had and I thought quite the opposite!  Learning to write an essay with your own style of writing and incorporating an opinion without using the words I or we can be a challenging task.  For everyone's first time out I was impressed.  This is a skill we are introducing in A and will continue to cultivate.
Homework: Read Magician's Nephew with the essay topic in mind.  Take notes along the way if needed to remember parts that one may wish to use in their essay.

Geography: We reviewed everything we should be studying throughout  the week.  Testimony was shared on how it really only takes 15 minutes of review, 15 of new to do the job :)  Set a timer.  Time management is a huge skill.  Learn it now and you will carry it with you for a very long time!  I am in the process of looking for a better Asia map and will hopefully have one by next Tuesday.  I also shared about my trip to Hong Kong.  One of my CD's did not work :(  But they got to see some other pictures.
Homework: Don't forget about those GEOGRAPHY TERMS!!!  Continue to review 15 minutes a day and practice Asia 15 minutes a day. Next week Addie, will be doing a special presentation.

Latin: We introduced 2nd  Declension Neuter, 2nd Conjugation, and some new vocabulary.
Homework: Do and BRING BACK take home/open book quiz, pages 49 - 56, practice speaking (alphabet/diphthongs)  Next week oral quiz on the grammar of syllables, accents, macrons, and vocab review.

No comments:

Post a Comment