Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Week 1 2013!

Happy New Year!!  As we enter a season of renewal and fresh expectations, let us first seek our Father for His perfect renewal and His grace.  Every day I find His mercies are new and He covers me.  Whatever expectations that I had set for myself last semester that I did or didn't live up to, He covers.  He knows my children intimately. He knows the hair on their head. He knows their futures.  He is so much bigger than the box I tend to put him in.  He can cover where I see myself as failing.  He will make sure our children have what they need to do what He is calling them forth to do.  So today, as we get back into the swing of things, let His grace rule your school house and take comfort in knowing He has it.  He has it all. 

And away we go!

  • First off, while we did miss the girls, it did have some positives.  Going to an all boy infrastructure has changed our class dynamic.  This was a different class, in a good way.  I don't know if it was just the maturing that tends to happen on the break, or not having the girls, but it flowed very well yesterday.  
  • Officially signed up for snack is "Don't know?" LOL So I will cover snack this week.  Please communicate with your child which week(s) he can sign up for. 
  • The talking too much check...BIG SUCCESS! We will be using this the rest of the semester.

Algebra: We reviewed lessons 65 - 68.  Second semester gets crazy, so hang on.  I returned the mid-terms.  Overall, great work.  I did write a few encouraging notes on a few.
Homework: Lessons 65 - 68

Latin:  We reviewed declining nouns in all 5 declensions.  We reviewed the "grammar" I expect them to have in their noggins after this year.  We also reviewed vocabulary.
Homework: See guide

Lost Tools:  I have had a few ask where they can leave feedback on this curriculum.  I am finding that out this week and will let you know in a separate email.  We read a few of the Amos papers and created a class ANI for Secret Garden.
Homework: If they have not read Secret Garden....do so :) see PDF guide. 

Rhetoric:  Great discussion!! Much respect and not as much alternate conversations on the side.  We got into how gruesome the crucifixion actually was.    And how miraculous our bodies are created, even in a season when we may feel awkward and clumsy and not so fearfully and wonderfully made.
Homework: See guide

Science: Marsupials are so cool.  Although we did learn that sloths are not Marsupials.  Sloth Family:megalonychidae Order:Pilosa related to the anteater and armadillo They are a mammal.  Getting ready for science to change up a bit.  I will be doing some "easy" experiments in class.  And I we started to discuss dissection for week 14.  I believe I was quoted in saying "If we do not respect Ms. Susan or her rules I will dissect you ;)"
Homework: See guide

Geography: We checked out pictures from when I went to Hong Kong back in the 80's and I shared the infamous "chicken" story.  I also returned their Europe tests.  FANTASTIC JOB!!
Homework: See guide.




No comments:

Post a Comment