Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Week 2

I hope everyone is finding themselves settling back in to some sort of a routine.  I know coming back from Christmas for us means my daughters birthday, so it always seems to takes us a little extra to get back  in the saddle. 

It is my pleasure to announce......Ms. Debbie Black!  She will be tutoring the Challenge A next year.  If you know of anyone interested in our program please refer them to her.

Also, for those asking, Ms. Sharon will be tutoring B next year.  YEAH!! Having had both of my children with her, I can say what a blessing she is to every home school family that tutors with her. 

Snack next week is Morel :)

Also note, bring those purple biology books next week....now if only I can remember LOL

Algebra: We reviewed lessons 69 - 72.  It is starting to get harder.  Please let me know if you are struggling or getting behind.  We can Skype a tutor session :)
Homework: Lessons 69 - 72

Latin: We officially introduced adjectives and their rules.  We are also adding new vocabulary.  Max visited our class during this time
Homework: See guide

Lost Tools:  We reviewed a lot about Exordium and the bones of a paper.  I did encourage those that want to with their teacher's approval........If they have been through the IEW and want to add "dress ups", as long as I can see the "bones" of their essay, they can.  I told them to write their boring essay first, then dress it up. 
Homework: See PDF Guide.  If needed, start next book early so to finish :)

Rhetoric Wow our discussions are now going to a whole other level!!  Great talk today, not sure how it got there but God led, on showing love and how to show love in our youth groups or church.  The overall theme of the day seemed to be choices and it really came out in this weeks discussion.  That God values free will so much He is willing to let us burn for it.  Some minds really were thinking on that one.  We did resolve it with we have a King who wants us to serve Him willingly. 
Homework: See guide

Science: I do say EPIC bat reports!  Shout out goes to Manny for doing Batman!!
Homework:  See guide..bring Purple Biology Book

Geography: Geography plus gum equals fun for boys!  Although, I did not expect all 8 pieces to be chewed at one time.....note to self for future LOL We reviewed Countries and Capitals and Geography Terms.
Homework: See Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment