Wednesday, November 24, 2010

WEEK 15!!!!!

We had a special visitor Yesterday HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! (I do not believe this was his final party :)

PARTY!!!! Yes December 9th at 4:00pm - 5:30pm we can all meet to go ICE SKATING!!!!  To get a group rate we need  20 people and we need to make it one payment.  So I propose that we meet at 3:45pm at DownTown Greensboro Ice Outside Ice Rink we can collect out money together and pay together to get the group rate of $6.00 per person (includes skate rental)  If you will be there, but cannot make it by 4:00pm, let me know and I will cover you cost and you can pay me back when you arrive.  (If you are late I do not know what the skate rental situation is as far as sizes, the lady I spoke to said they had plenty if we arrive at 4:00)  This event is open to all sibling and parents (yes Addie, Spencer can come:) and also to Challenge B as well :) Any questions, feel free to email me.


And now for our final breakdown of the year!

Algebra 1: We took the Mid Term! PHEW!! See your email for details.
Homework: Work up to lesson 64.

Rhetoric: Lots of great food and conversation!
Homework: Read Chapter 15 in both books (preferably closer to January :)  Know Cat Questions up to 45

Science:  Another round of great reports!!  And gruesome shark facts.
Homework: Research Marsupials, acquire biology book required for second semester, look forward to fun experiments Ms. Bonnie had in store. (Be thinking about pig vs. shark)

Geography:  Merry Christmas! I know they wanted a Wii, but I made them Geography Notebooks instead :) I think these will help them review over the break.
Homework: Review all to this point.  Set your timer for fifteen minutes a day, this is all it will take! Memorize Earth's diameter and circumference (see guide)

Writing: The final writing assignments were awesome!! I was looking forward to what everyone would come up with and I was not disappointed!!
Homework: Read Carry On Mr. Bowditch, acquire reading books for 2nd semester.

Latin:  In class we took the Latin Mid-Term...which they ROCKED!!!
Homework: Complete pages 1- 38 in book 4 LNST

It has truly been my honor and privilege to tutor your children this semester.  I hope everyone has a much blessed Thanksgiving and Christmas and look forward to all God has in store for the upcoming semester! See you on the 9th!

Students, you have permission to abuse the comment section of the blog to keep in touch over the break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment